Want, Need

Need and want comingle.
They become blurred together
when perception is left to the senses.

Don't let me perceive her, this one,
as needing my help. Then
I will love her eventually.
That would mean no chance for others
to come along. Make life interesting.
Especially other used women
who would be so easy to take care of and
not bother my senses.
A love life devoid of love and pain.

I tried before to find someone.
This someone I wanted was whole.
They did not like me since I
was the one now. I was the one who
needed help and that became my unattractive
weakness.

So I was caught in a game of needing help
or helping the needy. Unsure and
never fully giving my true self.
I sold myself as the giver.
I sold myself as the taker.
I sold myself to the unsuspecting
who didn't realize they needed me
to fall in love as much as I needed to be in love.

Mark, November 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment