I Am



I am: I am somebody
you aren't


I am somebody.
     -I thought I was somebody
     until somebody told me every body said that.

I did those things
     -drinking & cumming.
Like others I came to tell you why
and be there for you as
somebody.
I wanted to be somebody
you didn’t know.
But new.

Being somebody
     -is something.

Wrapping my hand around your face
I felt a vein beating in your forehead.
You are alive.      somebody.

Two people who are wrapped
around each other
     -are every body.
Only two parts forming the whole.

The air was thick
     -with old oil and recent dust.
While two legs ending     one.
One was beginning.
Somebody screams
Some body creates.
The blues of death is something.
Lonely emptiness          two.

Being somebody
     -is something.

Everybody is somebody beneath the other body.



Mark David Jordan, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment