Speak Love Speak

Unfettered and not tethered
Love cannot be controlled,
Nor see itself in its own sticky freeness.
It may exist unchecked and forever powerful.
It carries uncatchable secrets.
Love may be on the verge of dissipating
Yet not give up its meaning.

I heard love speak:
Summon me from the cliff edge when you see me.
Wake from the confluence of dreams when you feel me.
Come in from bitter wind when my meaning is to be.

Love is unattached, surrounding, un-accumulating
and quickly passed on.

Once I was summoned at the edge of the cliff
Love called and embraced me,
This warm encompassing womb.
This was my archway to go between two free paradises.
When tired of freeness I could return
Surrounded by the womb.
A slow clutching hold on happiness.

This was delirious love for me.
The exposed and expanding comfort of love.
I passed on its happiness
And instead brandished my soul.

Love is unattached, surrounding, un-amalgamating
And quickly passed on.

I heard love say:
Eyes do not easily give up information
Unless one's soul has been swept away by love.
Unfettered love I cannot see.
But revealed love is a captured soul I am free of.

Mark, 1995, revised 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment